Monday 16 July 2012

FINDING CAPTAIN NEMO - EPISODE 6

The sixth and final part of the first “The Adventures of Captain Nemo” tale from Walt Disney’s “Donald and Mickey” Comic, issue number 6, dated April 22nd 1972, still being printed in that glorious shade of blue ink (I wonder if it was cheaper? It certainly seems more prone to fading that it otherwise might have been) and still terrifically thrilling. Sadly, despite the promise of a “super new adventure” starting next week, this was where I stopped keeping my editions of “Donald and Mickey” comic and the rest (apart from a couple of stragglers) were allowed to be recycled into history, but I hope you have enjoyed these seemingly “forgotten” episodes from a story I remember devouring excitedly when I was a child, and which sparked my young imagination for things like engineering, design and story-telling, all of which still interest me today. Get them young, eh...?



3 comments:

  1. VA-ROOOMMMMPAA! They don't write them like that any more... or do they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Va-rooommmmpa!" may yet become my own personal favourite catchphrase of the week... :-)

      Delete